I’m sure I’m not alone in this….
Over my life I have tried to fit in or do things that I thought would make people love me and accept me.
I shut down parts of myself I thought people wouldn’t like.
I kept my true feelings to myself.
and in the process of doing that I lost myself.
I spent years on years researching ways to find myself. I looked up ways to find yourself online, PLUS listened to countless podcasts and nothing ever clicked with me.
I solely was focusing on two things.
- Thinking I had no purpose
- Trying to be like other people
I spent most of my time trying to fix myself.
But I never once TUNED into myself to ask , What Do I want to be? OR better yet, Who was I created to BE?
Tuning IN is everything.
Owning who you ARE.
Owning who you are is the most freeing feeling ever.
It makes you realize how special you are.
and it helps you see life differently. You begin to see that you don’t want to fit in and that we aren’t all supposed to be the same!
I mean really think about that. How boring would that be if we were all the same?
Thats why it’s so important to OWN what makes us so unique and special.
It is what makes us stand out and step into our true soul purpose.
When I started to master my intuition, I developed a beautiful relationship with the universe. I started to look at life differently and begin to look at myself with love.
I realized all the years I was trying to hide who I was to fit in, actually made me feel lost.
I didn’t know who I was for a very long time.
In my healing journey, I have found beautiful tools and insights that have changed my life.
I always want to share everything that I have learned, especially when they have completely changed my life.
What has truly changed my life and made me confident in who I am-
- Own what makes you, YOU. What I mean by this, own who you fucking are. Not what you think will make you accepted or loved. Own who you were created to be.
- Allowing myself SPACE. The moment I started treated myself with love like I would my best friend or sister, my life changed. I started to give myself compassion and grace for allowing myself SPACE.
- Being different, is your superpower. I have been called weird and different for years, I used to think it was a bad thing. Until I realized why would I want to be normal? and what even is normal? We are not all created here to be the same.
- Don’t hold back because of what that one person will think. Trust me, I let this one hold me back from truly being myself for so long. Don’t let the opinions of one person stop you from being you. Think bigger picture when these feelings come up, ask yourself, would you rather hold your truth in and risk losing yourself and helping others? or would you rather speak your truth and help others through it all?
- Focus on what you LOVE about yourself. Instead of tearing yourself a part about things you don’t like, focus on what you do love. Trust me, I spent years tearing myself a apart all day long and the only thing it accomplished was me hating myself more and not feeling confident.
Lastly remember, start owning who you ARE right now!
As always, Choose to live EMpowered.